What a Pleasant Surprise

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I posted some photos of my poor shrivelled garden after our extra harsh summer and as several of you guys pointed out, don't give up on them, some just might make it and look at this wnite lacecap hydrangea. Just short of a miracle I reckon :):love:
rps20180511_051011.jpg
rps20180511_050613.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure you take some cuttings when the time is right please.

Propagation

Hydrangeas are easy to grow from softwood, semi-ripe or hardwood cuttings, but the climbing types are best layered. Large clumps of Hydrangea macrophylla cultivars often lend themselves to division or layering.

They are very easy to take. You can have softwood cutting soon. But wait till your plant is bushier. It's a lovely plant to have and to keep..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Make sure you take some cuttings when the time is right please.

Propagation

Hydrangeas are easy to grow from softwood, semi-ripe or hardwood cuttings, but the climbing types are best layered. Large clumps of Hydrangea macrophylla cultivars often lend themselves to division or layering.

They are very easy to take. You can have softwood cutting soon. But wait till your plant is bushier. It's a lovely plant to have and to keep..
Will do alp. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I did mine yesterday. New shoots. I left a pair of leaves behind so that the plant will bush out and just use the jiffy pellets I had lying around. Still early days for some though!

Please water it very well. They do like water and moisture. You could also mulch round the base to keep the moisture in. I had mine in water all through the winter. Don't do that though as you are in Down Under. But do make sure it is moist. When we went to Cornwall, they were lining along streams and brooks.

Last edited:

Ask a Question