Salvia leaves turned black/brown; flowers died

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had this Salvia plant outside for a month or so. As the weather is warming up, I see that the leaves mostly turned and there are no more flowers. There is another Salvia plant on the opposite side of the pot that seems to be heading in the same path but still mostly green

What do you think is the most likely cause, and can this particular plant still be salvaged? TY

Attachments

• PXL_20230521_144825012.jpg
    PXL_20230521_144825012.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like it's having a problem. What have you got to lose. Repot it and trim it back.

LOL save it I found that it will kill me a few years ago.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had this Salvia plant outside for a month or so. As the weather is warming up, I see that the leaves mostly turned and there are no more flowers. There is another Salvia plant on the opposite side of the pot that seems to be heading in the same path but still mostly green

What do you think is the most likely cause, and can this particular plant still be salvaged? TY
May I ask, where were these plants before you put them in the pot? Have they been in a warm house, and how long have they been flowering for? Do you know what variety they are?
It looks to me as if they are suffering from shock, and probably lack of feed or water. A bit more information may be helpful.

Ask a Question