Rooting an old rose trimming from bouquet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! New here! Never tried to root any plants before but I’m trying! Think I left it way too late! (Was back in February I got them for valentines!) how do I know if it’s rooting? I used rooting powder and put it in a little pot of soil on the window ledge…. I am absolutely clueless with gardening so please be easy on me! I’ve (hopefully!) attached an image of it from today I’m guessing if it was completely dead it would be brown and no leaves by now since it was from Feb? Been in the pot a week maybe‍♀️
C2072243-6CD3-4F8C-BF42-29A715832115.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just keep at it, you will know in a while if it took at all. Its still nice and green so thats good.
Been thinking of trying to root a older rose bush myself

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just keep at it, you will know in a while if it took at all. Its still nice and green so thats good.
Been thinking of trying to root a older rose bush myself
So far had no luck with it rooting :( but it’s still got a few leaves, very confusing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At one point I used to try and root just about anything , some plants do better than others.
Walk away and let it be it will root or not . As long there is green theres a chance
How long does it take to root? I’ve never done anything like this before! Thankyou so much for your replies!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Roses can take 6 months or more to root. It looks healthy so I'd say you may be lucky. Check the base of the pot now and again to see if any roots have appeared at the holes.

Ask a Question