grafting .budding.piece rooting..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
grafting a rose bush into a rose climber to make my own rose climber years ago we used a dog rose which is a wild rose bramble.which we used the stem to make standard.so if you graft using a piece root graft , please discuss this for me. now have you heard about the Florida Ribes gooseberry fuchsia, which has very large gooseberry fruits with hairs, used in the commercial trade for gooseberry pies jams, grow to 8 feet high thick stems , now doing research in 1954 would have loved this , to make one a standard gooseberry a weeping red or black current, or research into making the normal gooseberry fruit bigger by using piece grafting, I AM 83 living now in Rainham Kent. since last December, of course, i have taken hundreds of cuttings while here .but found growing wild in there garden a American blackberry plant its two stems are 2 inches thick, with a huge root system .so started doing research on this .first two cutting one 6 ft long for a big standard next on 4 ft long for a normal standard then several small cutting to have the large roots for further research with raspberries, i was told in 1954 i was the first person to graft a pelargonium, by gardeners world but I know it was done in 1886 in America, look up gardeners world robert peter dunford all my earlie reseach is still there, or just go to robert peter dunford which tells more

Ask a Question