Re-Seeding New Lawn (Please Help)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd just leave it alone. Whatever germinated should sprout unless you threw way too much dirt on top of the seeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What happens if I did that?(put to much dirt on top)

They wont come up. I don't know how much is too much for grass seed but it appears you had about 2 or 3 inches over top of that yellow grass and it was trying to come up.

Reaction score
Country
United States
They wont come up. I don't know how much is too much for grass seed but it appears you had about 2 or 3 inches over top of that yellow grass and it was trying to come up.
So I went out about a hour ago to let my dogs out and I went to that area and I started to peel some topsoil away and every spot I went to the grass was like that.(yellow grass)Should I try to remove some of that topsoil so it can at least get some sun and grow a bit? I feel like I applied to much and it can’t get through. Is it bad if I do take some of that topsoil off since it’s starting to grow?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you keep the soil moist, not wet, the grass will have an easier time breaking through.

Ask a Question