Problems with thyme and marjoram seedlings

Reaction score
Hi there. I planted thyme and marjoram a couple of weeks ago. There were 2 pots of each. I just noticed that last Sunday, thyme#1 wilted just after a week of sowing, while #2 is still thriving. Same with Marjoram, #2 is still ok. That was last Wednesday. I checked them both today and Thyme #2 and Marjoram #2 both are wilting, like their stems are resting on the border of the pots.

I water them every 3 days since I live in Manila where temperatures are about 34 to 36 celsius. From what Ive read, thyme is drought resistant. On the other hand, I dont know how marjoram really works.

I also sown them closely to each other though. Could this be the problem? I also noticed the leaves of thyme are rotting. is this a sign of over watering?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Is there anything different about the locations of the wilted ones? Are they getting more direct sun? Have you noticed any insects around the plant or crawling on the soil? Sometimes over watering will cause wilting as well.

Ask a Question