Privett help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Can anyone advise the issue I’m seeing with my Privetts. Leaves turning yellow and dropping off (obv should be evergreen). They have been planted for 2years now in a DIY raised bed. The raised bed sides have been lined with DPM to retain some moisture but only the sides not the bottom to allow drainage into the lower ground. So one concern is water log. I was also thinking could it be wind damage? We are on the south coast but not near the sea so I would say an average garden climate. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• B97D378C-18DB-43F9-AF86-D57233B617D7.jpeg
    B97D378C-18DB-43F9-AF86-D57233B617D7.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Country
United States
You need to dig one up and get a look at what's going on below the ground. Dig deep and feel the soil moisture and see if it's excessive or drought. After ruling that out I would test the EC and pH of the soil. The problem is causing all of them to fold at the same time and that's a clue. I do not know why you raised the bed so high but the plants may have hit the native ground. If you have high sodium in your soil then that's the problem. One can't have high levels of sodium in the soil or the plants will fail.

Ask a Question