Help! One of the stems wilted, not sure what caused it or how to revive it.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm new to gardening these kinds of plants so I don't know how to properly take care of them. My friend told me they don't need direct sunlight and watered every 4 days, so I did that and placed it on a shelf but one of the stems wilted while the other looks okay. I can't tell if it's withered because I didn't give it enough sunlight, if I over/underwatered it, or some other factor I haven't taken account of. Still wondering if it can be revived.

plant.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How's you plant? You don't say what is sounds like your watering it too often? In winter they don't tend to need too much although central heating does dry them out somewhat. I would take it out its pot hope it's got holes in it?. When you look at the roots they should be white and firm if not and some are squishy then completely take off the soil and dry it out for a few days see if it firms up. If it's ok then keep it in the same pot but add perlite or similar to get it to drain quicker and sit it on a bed of clay balls and from then just water the balls only not the plant this should give it time to recover. Not all plants do recover!. And give it as much of indirect light as you can plants that are getting too much shade won't grow well and will hold on to moisture a lot longer than plants in light good luck.

Ask a Question