POTM December 2017 Winner

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
well done Sheal lovely shot of Dunrobin Castle had a look round that little house a few years back & the garden is amazing too(y) It has a massive wow factor about it & you captured it in that shot:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Oh my, what a lovely and majestic scene @Sheal. This castle looks like a new build it is so pristine, although i see it has been around since the Middle Ages, it must have been refurbished in the not too distant past. I would love to wander those gardens:happy: Congratulations on such a fine photo, i cannot see how it could be any better.(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you everyone! :) There were some very good photo's (or should I say images) this month and difficult to choose between, well done to all that entered. (y)

well done Sheal lovely shot of Dunrobin Castle had a look round that little house a few years back
I agree with what you say @Daren, I consider it to be a house (mansion) in preference to a castle. Castles to me are arrow slits, portcullis' and dungeons. :)

This castle looks like a new build it is so pristine,
It is pretty much @Beverly, most of what you see now is mid 19th century. It does have an attractive fairy tale air about it though.

Congratulations on such a fine photo,
Thank you for the compliment. :)

Ad

Advertisements

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Congratulations Sheal it's wonderful picture and a worthy winner; very well done. (y)

Top marks too to all other members who entered the competition. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you again everyone for your much appreciated words. :)

Sheal, you could be an ambassador for the tourist bureau of the UK!
I'm not so sure about that @marlingardener but thank you. :) I think all of us when behind a camera desire the perfect shot, but they are very rare. Even with this one I find fault because I expect a very high standard from myself and many are on the receiving end of the delete button. I have thousands of photo's and I would pick no more than two or three as being special.

Ask a Question