POTM December 2016 Winner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations to @Sheal for winning the December 2016 Photo of the Month competition! (y) :D

7 Sheal.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Congratulations @Sheal (y) It is a beautiful photo. I can imagine paddling out to those islands and having a look around:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well done Sheal (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Absolutely gorgeous, Sheal! Makes me a wee bit homesick. It got my vote, but it was a tough decision as every single one of the December photos was really good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you all for your kind words. :) There was quite a diverse interpretation on the theme, well done everyone! (y)

I relocated to Scotland just two and a half months ago having visited many times down the years, I'm loving every minute!

I can imagine paddling out to those islands and having a look around

The water in the lochs is ice cold @Beverly and your feet would be numb before you got to those islands, brrr!

Makes me a wee bit homesick

Ah, so you're a Scottish lass then @Beth_B , I didn't know that. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you all for your kind words. :) There was quite a diverse interpretation on the theme, well done everyone! (y)

I relocated to Scotland just two and a half months ago having visited many times down the years, I'm loving every minute!

The water in the lochs is ice cold @Beverly and your feet would be numb before you got to those islands, brrr!

Och aye the noo. :)
Lived just a few miles from Inverness for a year in the late 60s, graduated high school from Portree, Isle of Skye in 1975, then four years in Glasgow before coming to the US in 1979. Still have family on Skye (Waternish.)

My heart will always be in the Highlands and Islands. Most beautiful place I could ever imagine and I've been a LOT of places. :)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Och aye the noo. :)
Lived just a few miles from Inverness for a year in the late 60s, graduated high school from Portree, Isle of Skye in 1975, then four years in Glasgow before coming to the US in 1979. Still have family on Skye (Waternish.)

My heart will always be in the Highlands and Islands. Most beautiful place I could ever imagine and I've been a LOT of places. :)

You can take the girl out of Scotland Beth........

With the amount of times I've been here I've never actually made it to Skye but it's definitely on the cards for next year. :) Mine and my husbands favourite place is Ullapool, there's just something about it that draws us in. I hope this doesn't make you homesick @Beth_B ........

Ullapool
011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
well done Sheal Great pic you got my Vote . I New it was a Scottish loch as soon as I see it :) I've walked and camped many times all over, Eaten the mussels off the beach While looking:rolleyes:. I love Ullapool too! One time I walked from Mallaig through the Knoydart and around loch Horn & kept going on foot though Ullapool to a place just north of there Achmelvich beach. Hard walking ,sometimes coming under Midge attack but them views!!!!! wow some of the best in the world I ever see lol Not that I get out of the UK much. but if the weather plays fiddle I'm always game for the View:) Ps ...........Love Skye ....So want to be there now but maybe wait till I can go in summer:cool:

Ask a Question