Pot soil changing

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering how often I should be changing the potting soil that my indoor plants use. I currently only change it every 6 months, but I have a feeling that it is not enough. I'm not sure if it depends on the plants that I have either. I have noticed some plants' leaves turning yellow, hence my concern. What do you guys think? How often do you change your soil?

Reaction score
I only repot my plants when they are getting root bound, which could be every 2 or 3 years. Your plants are more likely reacting to the wrong watering regime, not enough food or too much food, improper light, improper humidity level, or pest infestation, than to poor soil. What plants are you having problems with?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Is changing pot soil necessary? To be honest, I've never done it, I would be afraid of hurting roots.
I transplant my plants sometimes, I do this when I notice that they need it, but I only add new soil, I don't remove the old one.

Reaction score
Is changing pot soil necessary? To be honest, I've never done it, I would be afraid of hurting roots.
I transplant my plants sometimes, I do this when I notice that they need it, but I only add new soil, I don't remove the old one.

Oh, okay. I have heard some people just take the old soil out, throw the soil in their garden, and then replenish the pot with new soil. I was wondering because a lot of my plants are starting to whither. I wasn't sure what was causing it. Thanks for the info!

Ask a Question