Potting Soil in place of Top Soil

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
What do you think about using potsoil in the place of topsoil? I only am trying to patch a few small bare areas. I really don't want to deal with humongus bag of topsoil. Would it work..or is the density of the soil too high?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What do you think about using potsoil in the place of topsoil? I only am trying to patch a few small bare areas. I really don't want to deal with humongus bag of topsoil. Would it work..or is the density of the soil too high?
If I understand your question, you want to fix bare spots in your lawn? If so, don't use either one, use a good compost. By doing so the surrounding turf will grow in faster

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
OK thanks, that is helpful. I just want to avoid lugging huge bags around. I actually do have a composter, which I have put grass clippings and leaves in from time to time. I should check to see what is happening in there I guess. I think there might be some that is ready to use, and that I could benefit from.

Ask a Question