Best potting soil combination?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Greece
I repotted some Ficus Benjamina I purchased last week with a soil that now seems to me that holds a lot of moisture.
One of the Benjies is shedding quite fast, first leaves are yellowing, then fall. I have to try and save it and thinking about repotting, even though it could mean more stress to the plant, maybe the step is necessary to save it from root rot.
Thinking of adding perlite to the soil, but in what amount?
Thank you for reading!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I repotted some Ficus Benjamina I purchased last week with a soil that now seems to me that holds a lot of moisture.
One of the Benjies is shedding quite fast, first leaves are yellowing, then fall. I have to try and save it and thinking about repotting, even though it could mean more stress to the plant, maybe the step is necessary to save it from root rot.
Thinking of adding perlite to the soil, but in what amount?
Thank you for reading!

Talk to the place where you bought the item from and see if you can get a refund. A pic might help. Do not repot it now as you might lose the right to a refund.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I put half to one inch of small pebbles at bottom of every pot before filling soil, check drain hole are not blocked.

keep the pot in well ventilated area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Greece
@Rajesh Sethi, I did that too. It is a problem of the soil not having much perlite in my opinion. I changed that, by repotting with a lighter soil combination with added perlite. The area is luckily a well ventilated one! Thank you!

Ask a Question