placed my order...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
a lot of seed catalogs come early this year, i mean thanksgiving time. so sat down and figured out what i was going to plant next year, with shipping and handling costs going through the roof decided to save a bit of that and go through 1 catalog. while sitting there weeded out all my expired seeds packets or with only 1 or 2 seeds in them and of course the experiment seeds that were a flop..
so here"s next years line up

Red Ace
Pelleted (F1) Beet Seed

Bolder (F1) Beet Seed

Cherriette(F1) Radish Seed

Skyphos Lettuce butterhead

Adriana Pelleted Lettuce Seed butterhead

X3R® Red Knight (F1) bell Pepper Seed

Intruder (F1) bell Pepper Seed

Highlander Organic (F1) Pepper Seed

Marketmore 76 Cucumber Seed

Salt and Pepper Organic Cucumber Seed

Fortex Bean Seed pole bean green bean

Cosmos Bean Seed bush bean green bean

Gold Mine Bean Seed bush bean yellow wax bean

Escorial (F1) Melon Seed

Diplomat (F1) Melon Seed

Orange Crisp (F1) Watermelon Seed orange watermelon

Nabechan(F1) Onion Seed green onion

Clara(F1) Eggplant Seed white

Vision (F1) Corn Seed sweet corn

Emperor (F1) Spinach Seed

Mariana (F1) Tomato Seed

Churchill (F1) Brussels Sprout Seed

course have plenty to start off with next spring's first plantings.
black summer bock choi
tyee spinach
beets
peas..... oh lord have plenty for a couple years...
a few odd tomatoes

as for herbs will purchase those from the farmers market along with a couple hot peppers.

finally through it though seeds that have a long viable life span is too purchase just not a packet, but purchase larger quantities 1000ct,1/4, 1/2 oz etc packs.

yup it's going to be a busy season here.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Wow! Definitely a good, solid list there. I'll be looking forward to hopefully seeing some of your garden haul posts from all that planting!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
major, my plans are to grow pretty much what we grow each year. We will have three kinds of summer squash with the favorite being Coosa (light green skin, tiny seed cavity, and a meaty consistency); Celebrity, Sungold, and Roma tomatoes and trying Black Cherry tomatoes for the first time; Knight peas; Simpson's Elite, Oakleaf, Midnight Ruffles leaf lettuces; California Wonder bell peppers; Tendercrop green beans; Peaches and Cream corn; Red Lasoda and also Yukon Gold potatoes; red, yellow, and white onions; Straight Eight cucumbers because they are good slicers and also for pickles; Sugar Snap peas; turnips; and I'm sure I'll see a seed packet or two at the farm store that I just can't resist!
We try to grow a lot of standard vegetables that folks at the food pantry will recognize. Many are elderly and just don't want to fool with something they don't know, so we grow for ourselves, and for the pantry also. We've found that cherry tomatoes are snack food for many of the elderly--all you have to do is rinse and eat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a really great list!:D
I honestly don't know what I will grow next year, because I don't like making plans;)

Reaction score
Wow, someone has stocked up really well for the next year already ;) Good for you, I'd do exactly the same if I had a bigger garden to work with, so far I think I'll grow all sorts of herbs in my kitchen, get a little greenhouse and grow tomatillos, poblano and california chillies. That's it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
wow @majorcatfish what a list. I usually don't think about seeds until April. and its those that can be started outside, and flowers. Do not do veggies. I have so many Amish living around me, and Amish stands, that, its so cheaper to get it from them than to take my time etc. to deal with veggies. I like to start nasteriums (spelling?). as I use them in salads. I might start some morning glories have to figure out where I can let it vine. But in reality, I have plenty of plants that come up from early spring to winter interest. so dealing with seeds is down on my list.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's going to be one tasty garden, @majorcatfish. My house is small and surrounded by trees, plus its not very sunny here in winter so I don't start anything from seed. There's a couple of really good nurseries around here so I get babies when the danger of frost is over for the year.

I experiment with different heirloom tomato varieties every year. I'm almost out of hot peppers, so am putting in more; I love scotch bonnets. Pole beans, squash, cucumbers, carrots, maybe bell peppers.

Ask a Question