Ordering seeds into India

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello everyone I am from India. I had ordered some flower seeds from different sellers (UK , Other European countries and USA) and it's been more than a month and none of them have arrived. It was too late when I learnt about import permits and phytosanitary certificates. However there were 3 packages which I did receive-
1) 2 from europe - one was a priority mail and another was vaguely declared in my opinion.
2) one was an ordinary mail from Canada
-Rest (which were shipped via regular untrackable posts) are seized by customs I believe (though I have not been contacted by customs)
-Recently I had ordered some seeds from USA and fortunately they are trackable (seller is using a courier). Does it means that it has better chances of clearing customs?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The onus is usually on the buyers to find out from their own respective Customs if they need clearance to import seeds. Some people take it very seriously as they think this cross country import can bring in diseases or bugs. It might be a good idea to talk to your sellers to see if they can guarantee safe delivery of your seeds or you will lose money or import bugs to your own country. You could even be fined for that! No laughing matters. Buy from reputable companies and you should have ease of mind!

Last edited:

Ask a Question