Pepper leaves getting spots!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I started plants inside (started 6-7wks ago) and have been putting them outside most the day to get sunshine. My pepper plants have started getting whitish spots on their leaves along with a tomato leaf. It doesnt look exactly like powdery mildew to me. I live in the desert so its dry. I'll attach some pictures. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 1121231756.jpg
    1121231756.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 1121231756b.jpg
    1121231756b.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 1121231756a.jpg
    1121231756a.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Doesn't look like a fungus. Hard to tell but some of the white looks like insect bites and some of the white looks like eggs, maybe both. Take your fingers and see if the white rolls of the leaves. If it does those are eggs. If not then it is insect bites.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've tried rubbing the leaves with my fingers but nothing seems to come off. Is there something I can do to prevent the insect bites? Does that normally harm the plant?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's powdery mildew. The pots that the seedlings are growing in are too big so the soil has remained too damp for the seedlings to cope with and causing the mildew.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I've tried rubbing the leaves with my fingers but nothing seems to come off. Is there something I can do to prevent the insect bites? Does that normally harm the plant?
It isn't eggs then.

I think it's powdery mildew. The pots that the seedlings are growing in are too big so the soil has remained too damp for the seedlings to cope with and causing the mildew.
Yes you might be right now that I look again and flea beetles usually punch through the leaf. Pictures only zoom in so far in Windows. You can spray the leaves with a 50/50 hydrogen peroxide solution a few times to possibly stop the fungus but whatever leaves are affected will still look bad. Also you can supposedly spray the leaves with milk but I've never tried that.

Ask a Question