Peas and nuts?

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks alp. On the front of the Virgin Media envelope it declares "Samsung Galaxy J3 1.2GB data and free tablet £12 a month". (y)

I'm sure Verdun is a very good haggler. :D

Now let's look at this for a moment; Virgin have kindly contacted me sending this huge envelope most likely once again containing many must have very cheap mobile phone packages costing Virgin money in postage etc and only from £12 a month? I can do a great deal better being a true home bred tight Yorkshireman. It must be six years ago I reluctantly bought my pink Nokia mobile phone for an eye watering £5 through eBay and WOW I then really splashed out adding £10 of credit.

Fast forward to now and I'm on my second £10 with around £7 still in credit. I must be one of few who has never had the operation having a mobile phone stitched to my ear? Taking this into account I presume the tablet is to be taken with water once a month?

Do I need a mobile phone NO; do I want a mobile phone NO. I only bought this mobile phone just to let Bron know when I attend Rufforth Auto Jumble the first Saturday of every month weather permitting to say I'm on my way home?

We have a landline but seldom use it. I prefer email. (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi,

Thanks Silentrunning and although I fully agree with what you say there are another group of people who also look pasty white but actually do eat meat; they live in Yorkshire UK me being one of them; the only Yorkshire people with a tan are either foreign or have been out of Yorkshire or have spent time on a sunbed? Anyone who thinks I'm joking please visit Yorkshire any time of the year; you might get lucky and arrive during one of two days of our summer; bring a torch and waterproofs though because like today it's usually a wet black hole?

Below is a picture of our front room at around midday in early August a couple of years ago; even with the floodlight it was difficult to see what I was doing; it seldom changes.

I was taught religion in school alp and failed on the subject as I did also fail in History. I can confirm I've absolutely no interest in either. :):):)

7:30 this morning another begging bag dropped through our letterbox and our postman has just dropped through an A4 sized envelope from Virgin Media declaring Black Friday Event which I'll not bother opening and will shred it; Black Friday; it's black every day here?

It's a good job I don't get depressed. :D:D:D

Kind regards, Colin

View attachment 29786

Remember Colin, every cloud has a silver lining. (Did you catch the pun?) In all likelihood you and your ilk will never have to go through the tortures of skin cancer. Those of us who lived under the Florida sun for any length of time must make regular trips to the dermatologist to see if the melanoma curse has visited us yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
IMG_0221.JPG
Our feathered friends account for a good deal of our food intake. We have 7 different breeds of chickens, 3 of Guenies and turkeys and ducks. All are self sustaining and their numbers are growing. They really help keep the slugs and snails away from the garden. They have almost eliminated the ticks too, which is a very bad problem in N.C.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Alp, there is a chicken processor Sanderson Farms, and I get that brand at the grocery store. Our local agricultural agent arranged a tour of the barns where the broilers and fryers are raised, and they are cage-free and the food is carefully blended on site with no hormones or growth enhancers. After the tour I came home and told my ladies how lucky they were to live long and thrive!
Chicks and Chickens.jpg

Silent, those are handsome birds! Unfortunately I can only let my ladies out when I'm out, too. We have a lot of feral cats, and also hawks.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Remember Colin, every cloud has a silver lining. (Did you catch the pun?) In all likelihood you and your ilk will never have to go through the tortures of skin cancer. Those of us who lived under the Florida sun for any length of time must make regular trips to the dermatologist to see if the melanoma curse has visited us yet.

Thanks Silentrunning; no but I always catch the cloud. :D(y)

Here in the UK people do catch skin cancer because when the sun does come out they go absolutely mad making the most of it and many suffer all kinds of cancer. :(

My parents and grandparents kept chickens when I was a kid but I don't know anyone local who now keeps chickens; supermarkets tend to lay lots of eggs. (y)

What a day it's turned out to be; Gale is trying her best to remove our bungalow and trees from the valley side and it's been dark all day but no rain for a change. If you see a brown Yorkshire person it will be rust.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question