Over fertilised my lawn :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
I have recently dug up my garden and weeded, rotivated and levelled. Just awaiting my turf which is coming on Tuesday.
After picking a load of stones out today I decided to add some pre turf/seed fertiliser and after throwing it by the handfuls I didn’t realise how much I was actually using.
Now it says on the packet I should use 35g per m2
And I threw about 7kilo from a ten kilo packet for a 57m2 garden so yeah I’ve used a lot.
So now as I’m waiting for a new lawn to be delivered I’m wondering if when I lay the turf will it die or be affected in anyway. Or is there anything I can do in the next two days to help it? I was thinking a lot of water maybe?
Thanks for any advice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think they recommend that when you fertilize the lawn here in the US that you use 1.0 lb of N per 1,000 ft2. You put down the equivalent of 1.5 lb N per 1,000 ft2. I think you will be fine since the turf will sit on the surface anyways, at least for the time being.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think they recommend that when you fertilize the lawn here in the US that you use 1.0 lb of N per 1,000 ft2. You put down the equivalent of 1.5 lb N per 1,000 ft2. I think you will be fine since the turf will sit on the surface anyways, at least for the time being.
Ah okay yeah hopefully thanks for writing back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi everyone.
I have recently dug up my garden and weeded, rotivated and levelled. Just awaiting my turf which is coming on Tuesday.
After picking a load of stones out today I decided to add some pre turf/seed fertiliser and after throwing it by the handfuls I didn’t realise how much I was actually using.
Now it says on the packet I should use 35g per m2
And I threw about 7kilo from a ten kilo packet for a 57m2 garden so yeah I’ve used a lot.
So now as I’m waiting for a new lawn to be delivered I’m wondering if when I lay the turf will it die or be affected in anyway. Or is there anything I can do in the next two days to help it? I was thinking a lot of water maybe?
Thanks for any advice.
Not with organic fertilizers

Ask a Question