DSCI0001 (23).JPG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you - it looks like Ireland has been hit hardest as someone has died already from the storm :(.

We've got the same eerie glow in the sky too - he's a little bit of info on why the sun looks so read today:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41635906

At the moment, there's very little wind where we live, but I guess it'll start to pick up in the next couple of hours. Last time this happened, there were a lot of trees down on our road, but no major damage that I know of.

Hope everyone is safe!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good that you'm ok Ian :)

Thought it might have been sand, back to normal here now just hell of a bluster going on :eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Could be sand storm. It went very dark at 3pm and the wind picked up a little bit. Still reddish outside. A lot of homes in Ireland have been without electricity .. Imagine the inconvenience of it.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Had some damage here this afternoon
DSCI0001 (25).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@zigs is that an empty bucket? that was maybe pulled out of a hole? It doesn't look damaged, it looks tipped over...that's the best you can do? or did it have a plant in it? Have the winds died down a bit now? It doesn't look like we've heard from @Sheal. I hope she is okay.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@zigs is that an empty bucket? that was maybe pulled out of a hole? It doesn't look damaged, it looks tipped over...that's the best you can do? or did it have a plant in it? Have the winds died down a bit now? It doesn't look like we've heard from @Sheal. I hope she is okay.

Exactly my sentiment.. You've got to do better than that to wrench some sympathy from us, @zigs ! LOL!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I went off for a cuppa an me weeding bucket got blown over :eek:

Still blowing a hoolie :eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Zigs, my sympathy about your weeding bucket taking a header. From someone who has fetched underwear blown into the pasture, chased watering containers across the barn lot, and watched her hens get their feathers blown in the wrong direction, I understand the force of an ill wind.
I just saw a photo of the sky over London--looks a bit like yours! I do hope there are no more deaths, very little destruction, and that all survive to tell their grandchildren about the hurricane of '17.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Stay safe everyone!

Here is an update for you below. Unfortunately Southern Ireland has had the worst of the storm and it's now heading up through the Isle of Man where my daughter lives. It will continue heading north up the west coast of Britain. I am lucky enough to escape this storm where I live in Inverness-Shire. Top wind speed expected here 18mph.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41627442

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProNailComplex

Latest Threads