Orphelia

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No flooding of the pasture, no damage at the @zigs estate? What a relief. Hopefully you will have a period of peaceful weather for a long while.:)

No damage so far, still blustering though :eek:

:eek: Something is horribly awry. :cautious:

I clicked @alp's location to find Essex, and if she lives in Ohio, I'll eat my hat!! (First I'll have to buy another hat...I like my fishing hat. :rolleyes:.)

I get this when I click on Alp...

DSCI0001 (35).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, I get the same Zigs, Alp is in Essex not Ohio MaryMary. :)

Glad to see you're still in one piece Zigs. (y) Hopefully Brian's on his last legs now.

It's been lovely here again today, sunny and windless......sorry! :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@MaryMary People lack imagination and hence we have Essex in various places, Brentwood in the USA and next to where I live and there are hundreds of LONDON ROADs in the UK.

Some poor driver took a coach load of children to a block of flats called Hampton Court whereas he should have keyed in Hampton Court Palace .. LOL! What a terrible reminder for the coach driver.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I get this when I click on Alp...

Yep, I get the same Zigs, Alp is in Essex not Ohio MaryMary. :)

It must pick the closest same name to wherever the person clicking it is...:confused: This is what I get when I click Essex. (No screenshot, you'll have to click the link.:(.) And now that I look a little closer - it's two businesses named Essex "Something."

https://www.google.com/maps/search/Essex/@39.537213,-84.6953444,9z/data=!3m1!4b1

It just startled me - I was NOT expecting "Ohio" anything!! I knew it was Google maps, but I guess somehow I thought it was linked through the forum, or something... ("The flag is right there, for Pete's sake" kind of thing running through my mind. :ROFLMAO:

This is Essex, Oh. :p
https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...41921ddadbbacc1c!8m2!3d40.482761!4d-83.313843

@MaryMary People lack imagination and hence we have Essex in various places,

This is surely true!! We have a London in Ohio, also. And an Oxford, a Kettering, a Manchester, a Stockport, and... :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
@MaryMary your first link is showing Essex in Britain for me, your second link showing Essex, Ohio. Try clicking on Alps 'Essex' to see what that brings up. :)

I wonder if my son knows there's an Essex in Ohio. :D

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary your first link is showing Essex in Britain for me,

That is very strange!! :confused: When I click the link I provided, it takes me to look at Essex in Britain.

Try clicking on Alps 'Essex' to see what that brings up. :)

When I click the word "Essex" in her avatar box - it takes me to this, just a little different:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ess...c40d69c12e5afa!2m2!1d-84.4990308!2d39.1272555

I typed in the names of the two places like I wanted directions. :rolleyes: :ninja: When I click the "Essex" in the avatar box, it shows me those two places as spots on a map.

For some reason, if I copy and paste the link, it shows Essex in Britain. :confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried clicking on other members locations that have the same names in Britain and America, to see if they do the same thing @MaryMary ? Mine will probably show the right place because I've got Scotland as my location as well.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Have you tried clicking on other members locations that have the same names in Britain and America, to see if they do the same thing @MaryMary ?

I have now! :D I have spent a half hour, running around the forum and google maps, poking things with a stick! :ROFLMAO:

All the ones I tried takes me to where they are, with the exception of Mark56. All he has listed for location is "Windsor." When I click that location, it shows me three places, which I then typed in to get directions - because apparently if I copy and paste the link, it will show the UK. :confused: (Without the driving directions, this is what google shows me for "Windsor.")

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Win...c1e0984fcd!2m2!1d-88.5947802!2d39.4408693!3e0

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
That's interesting @MaryMary. :) If Mark56 had put his county which is Berkshire it may well have shown for you on the map. I clicked on Windsor too in his avatar box and it showed me the complete map of Britain without locations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasia

Latest Threads