Orchid dying help me

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
My orchid is dying . The roots are rooten and dry I don't know what am I doing wrong ..
How can I save him?? I also have a fertilizer that I used last Friday but it doesn't seem to work so much .
IMG_20231204_192704.jpg
IMG_20231204_192714.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Your orchid is probably over-watered. These plants are prone to root rot when you water them too much. In the winter time they also need a rest from being fed. Even though your winters are definitely milder than ours in the UK. I suggest you take the plant out of its pot and check the roots to see what is happening. You will soon know if they are rotting. If they have any good root left, cut away any rotted bits and replant in fresh orchid compost.
When you have done this leave your plant to recover and wait a while. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
If the plant survives, remember to let it dry out completely during the warmer months of spring and summer, and then water thoroughly allowing the water to completely drain away. Never let it sit in water - ever.

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Your orchid is probably over-watered. These plants are prone to root rot when you water them too much. In the winter time they also need a rest from being fed. Even though your winters are definitely milder than ours in the UK. I suggest you take the plant out of its pot and check the roots to see what is happening. You will soon know if they are rotting. If they have any good root left, cut away any rotted bits and replant in fresh orchid compost.
When you have done this leave your plant to recover and wait a while. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
If the plant survives, remember to let it dry out completely during the warmer months of spring and summer, and then water thoroughly allowing the water to completely drain away. Never let it sit in water - ever.
Thanks 🙏
And should I keep the stems or remove them ? And when I report the orchid I need to water it again or let it set for a while ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The spent stems should always be removed. When your plant flowers again it will be from new stems, usually two leaves above the present ones. As for the first watering, only if the root is very dry - then leave the plant to dry again completely before watering again.
My own orchids like to be next to a window facing away from direct sunlight.

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
The spent stems should always be removed. When your plant flowers again it will be from new stems, usually two leaves above the present ones. As for the first watering, only if the root is very dry - then leave the plant to dry again completely before watering again.
My own orchids like to be next to a window facing away from direct sunlight.
17017680844543259746085362466986.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
step by step: 1.Remove the affected parts 2.proper drainage in the pot 3.watering when the soil is almost dry(Don’t let the leaves get wet) 4.check for good air circulation and maybe need to repotting

Ask a Question