Orchid getting ready to bloom on two stems

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had plenty of plants, but this is my first orchid. It was blooming when it was given to me last Thanksgiving, so I didn't expect anything until next year. I repotted it in orchid soil (bark chips) and gave it Jobes orchid food according to their directions. Now it is putting out two shoots with buds on them. Should I cut one back?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont know if you should cut any stems but I brought a orchid back from the dead.
It had a main stem and a small branch off that ready to start blooming.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had plenty of plants, but this is my first orchid. It was blooming when it was given to me last Thanksgiving, so I didn't expect anything until next year. I repotted it in orchid soil (bark chips) and gave it Jobes orchid food according to their directions. Now it is putting out two shoots with buds on them. Should I cut one back?
NO! Don't cut your orchid. I hope you didn't take off the new buds. These lovely plants give more and more flower stems as they mature. Cutting stems back should not be done until the flowers are all spent.

Ask a Question