Dying orchid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help! I’m fairly new to houseplants and got a beautiful orchid in December. However the flowers are starting to die and the new buds are wilting too. I water it with ice cubes or soak it once a week. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong? I’ve attached pictures of the position I have it in as well. If anyone could give me some advice I’d really appreciate it! Thank you!!
FDF711FE-5986-443A-9387-636E1352AC03.jpeg
18A557B2-72BD-4103-B81F-62AEEF6D6180.jpeg
D1AFE037-3700-48A9-928E-B24696DE452A.jpeg
E3230E60-A06D-47FB-847D-FDE09D00E89D.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Mgray97 and welcome to the forum :)

The first thing to do is take your orchid out of that white pot. If you are watering that often it is probably sitting in a puddle.
The inner pot you bought it in will hopefully be a see through one, which it needs as it`s roots like to see daylight.
Put it on an open saucer. The plant will/should be a loose open orchid compost. This only needs watering about once in two weeks at the most during the winter months. I do all mine with warm water, and let the water drain through the bottom of the pot and all run away through the bottom, making sure it never sits in water. Keep it in a bright place like the window sill - mine all face north which the plants like.
Don`t feed it until springtime when everything starts growing again. Misting the flowers when the weather warms up can be beneficial.
I haven`t looked at Logan`s video yet, but hope it all tallies with my post .....will watch the video later - his highness is watching tv at the moment, so I mustn`t make a noise :joyful:

Ask a Question