Okay, so there's this Blueberry...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Blueberries need acidic soil (they're native to the pine barrens, where they grow in pine and oak forests in sandy soil). They do need another blueberry bush of a different cultivar for pollination. I have several acres of wild blueberries and a few commercial blueberry bushes of different types. Your plant is pretty small, so it might take a couple of years to see fruit. I bought a couple of plants the size of yours a few years ago and this is the first year they set fruit...they spent their first couple of years just growing.

I don't need fruit from my little guy. I just don't want it to die! If it decides to thank me with some berries, I won't turn it down!

Its still in its pot but I gave it some fertilizer and its sprung a few new leaves, but it hasn't really grown the way I was hoping it would.
The area I live in has semi sandy soil, so maybe it'll do alright, where I plan to plant it, once its strong enough.

Ask a Question