Okay so who can name this tree?

Reaction score
And also give me some info on the type of environment it flourishes in? I REALLY love the color and would love this tree in my yard

images

Reaction score
This looks like the jacaranda to me from its shape and color. But it could also be the Twilight Crape Myrtle. This deep shade of purple makes me thing of the myrtle , however, it could be because of the lighting of the photograph. I wish we had a clearer picture to help you identify the tree.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
In my opinion it's the Jacaranda. They're my favorite trees. I adore the color, it's stunning. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that they grow only in warmer climate, I've never seen any of them in my area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I'm also leaning towards it being a Jacaranda. An image search for Twilight Crape Myrtle shows trees with flowers and leaves, but the tree in this picture only has flowers. This is typical of a Jacaranda which flowers in spring, then grows foliage as the flowers start to drop.

There are masses of Jacaranda trees in my city. They're actually regarded as invasive plants now, and while they aren't being removed, we are no longer allowed to plant them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
There are masses of Jacaranda trees in my city. They're actually regarded as invasive plants now, and while they aren't being removed, we are no longer allowed to plant them.

Oh, this sounds like a paradise - I would love to be surrounded by Jacarandas, they're so beautiful! It's another reason why I'd love to visit Africa. If I lived in a city where so many Jacarandas grow, I'd probably spend most of the time walking down the streets and taking pictures:D

Ask a Question