Not seen any Frogs Since living in France...

Reaction score
Country
France
I just googled it and it says that the French eat 80 million frogs and legs a year in stews
No wonder I have no frogs in our Ponds....My Sister would try and eat anything... I could not eat a duck as had ducks as pets but I do eat chicken and have chickens or 1 only at this present time.. but I can see that differently for some reason..guess that is sounding double standards a tad.....anyway if you google about foire gras regarding how it is produced..shocking.....disgusting..for starters...
.Even some of the French are thinking twice about eating it now..but it will take a long time to make a difference though..
Hunting is still the done thing by many around the world not just here. It is strictly regulated but every wood area or farmlands have signs up saying that... Hunting is permitted here...I can see at least 3 of those signs from my garden gate...The other side of the coin is a fact that some need to be culled, as sad as it is....Wild Boar as an example.
Love to have the frogs back again in the Ponds....we have seen newts from time to time..But the toads love it here, and they will stay now I am certain of that...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newts are the reason. We have newts, they do not co-exist with frogs, newts eat the frogspawn and tadpoles. I do see both frogs and toads in the garden from time to time though, we are just a bit North of Bexhill, and it is solid clay here so any hole in the ground fills with water and becomes a pond. I haven't checked out the OS yet, but Staplecross where we were before is about five miles east and I remember counting eleven ponds withing half a mile of the house.

Reaction score
Country
France
We moved from Pebsham Lane and owned Pebbles the last property in the Lane... at the time ..Now next to a growing industrial estate ...and plans excepted for over 1200 Properties in the area even around Sidley..New Roads were being built as we made our Escape, the new bypass was at last fully open, which I understand is a success for travellers but know a great upset for the wildlife.
The claypot soil was unknown to us when we moved there in 2000 but just moaned a tad at first, then just got on with it, learnt a lot of what you can do with it....Winter digging only at our old place..pick axe other times, NOT a joke,. factual....
Never knew about the connection newts/frogs, when we dug out for a pond in the back garden we discovered some Great Crested Newts maybe because of the high water table there...We mainly blamed our ducks for lack of frogspawn....below is a water feature which
they loved.....garden wreckers but loved them dearly...
thumbnail_ducks.jpg

Two of the offsprings born at Pebbles...Bob and Sue...they were the closest ducklings ,as a couple they actually adored each other.
lo vee
bob and sue.JPG

Ask a Question