Not seen any Frogs Since living in France...

Reaction score
Country
France
But we always have Toads...The Adults make a strange noise when they sense your nearby..The first time our vehicle was close and it sounded like it was coming from under the bonnet..so an electrical sound.... tick a tick kinda of sound:rolleyes:
We had a couple of baby Toads in the house recently and then found one under a large seed tray..Today a real bonus....camouflaged as well...
003.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
H
But we always have Toads...The Adults make a strange noise when they sense your nearby..The first time our vehicle was close and it sounded like it was coming from under the bonnet..so an electrical sound.... tick a tick kinda of sound:rolleyes:
We had a couple of baby Toads in the house recently and then found one under a large seed tray..Today a real bonus....camouflaged as well...
View attachment 76058
Hi @Woollie , had to enlarge that to see them. Definitely well camouflaged thought they were leaves :) We have lots of frogs in our pond. Saw one earlier this week. Expect to see more as the weeks go by.

Reaction score
Country
France
H

Hi @Woollie , had to enlarge that to see them. Definitely well camouflaged thought they were leaves :) We have lots of frogs in our pond. Saw one earlier this week. Expect to see more as the weeks go by.
Cannot understand why we do not have frogs Chillie6 have no ducks with us here and only one Female Chicken called Henryetta aged nearly 6 but does not swim so likely not eating the frog spawn like the Ducks use to...;)

Reaction score
Country
France
The frogs have just returned to our pond here’s the males waiting patiently for the females to arrive.
View attachment 76069
That photo has made my day complete, been slogging in the garden fighting with the enemies that have now taken over my gravel type driveway..:)
Those frogs look ready for their 1st leap..haha....have grand children up in Newcastle and stay in touch via facebook chat...

Reaction score
Country
France
Our lizards here are tiny and often loose their end of tails, when faced with two Cats ready and waiting ,I can understand fully..plasters required at ;)times...

Reaction score
Country
France
It does not bother me that we have few frogs or toads here, because the creatures that eat them are often legless lizards with nasty attitudes and a needling way.
I see you Live in Birmingham Alabama @DirtMechanic realising it's a big country you live. but we had a Ham acquaintance stay over at our previous UK home in Bexhill on Sea..from Foley Alabama.He wanted a Smart Car going back over 10 years ago now and we purchased one for him and when he docked back at the Port stateside he got refused entry and had to get it returned back to the UK..Talk about a Drama...:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I see you Live in Birmingham Alabama @DirtMechanic realising it's a big country you live. but we had a Ham acquaintance stay over at our previous UK home in Bexhill on Sea..from Foley Alabama.He wanted a Smart Car going back over 10 years ago now and we purchased one for him and when he docked back at the Port stateside he got refused entry and had to get it returned back to the UK..Talk about a Drama...:rolleyes:
And now I have a Smarty in my garage belonging to a Senate Candidate. Times do change.

Reaction score
Country
France
We also had a smart car, bought after we had tried out the Guy's we bought the other one for..fun car when it was working;)..... as we say ' fast' wide wheels..and a convertible . It was really uncomfortable unless the roads were like a snooker table and then all was fair, guessing the wide wheels made it bumpy as a friend up the lane had a basic one and hers was really comfortable... like this and the same colour

1614356769306.png

Ask a Question