Not feeling Christmas

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I guess it is normal as we get older. I am 25 years old and about 2 years back, I just don’t feel the same way like I use to about Christmas. My mom and pretty much everyone here says the same. We did put up a Christmas tree and bought presents but it’s as if something’s lacking.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
One of my friends posted this on Facebook today: "Okay... I just went to Dollar General and they have EASTER candy out by the register. That's right – Easter. I mean, come on... It's not even Christmas yet! This is not festive, it's holidays on crack."

Reaction score
I lost my dream apartment 2 weeks ago and now I'm uncomfortably staying with relatives so I'm definitely not feeling Christmas. I'm just focusing on finding another apartment and getting back on my feet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It's hard to feel Christmas cheer after working retail during the holidays. After witnessing people trying to murder each other for last year's stuff with Christmas music blaring 24/7 in the store makes you kind of lose faith in humanity. On top of that the holiday has become so commercialized that it's hard to muster up any sort of enjoyment from it when I know that companies are squabbling over trying to take my money. Then there's the underlying vibe of 'did you get me a gift?' Nah, overall I have to admit that over the years I've been more partial to Halloween since it seems way more altruistic than Christmas. Kids regardless of family income can go trick or treating and get candy/treats and they don't even need an amazing costume or anything, just participating is more than enough.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I just had to get some last minute Christmas shopping done yesterday and people are starting to get grumpy. I got my things and made a beeline home. I wish Christmas could go back to being a more simple time for all.

Reaction score
We got our tree last weekend and decorated it. I even got a few presents wrapped, but it is just not feeling like Christmas to me right now. Do any of u on get that way? I thought I would get the spirit once I started smelling fresh pine in my home.
Its okay, you and I both. I thought I would get in the spirit as well when I saw all the gifts and started shopping, but I just really am not feeling it at all this year.

Reaction score
Walmart has had the Valentine's Day candy sitting out since Christmas Eve.
How romantic, by the time people get their chocolate, it'll be 3 months old.
Walmart just rushes through holidays.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I hope that everyone had a good festive season and good wishes for the new year! May it be a lucky one with lots of love, peace and happiness and hopefully you get everything that you strive to achieve.

Ask a Question