No Green Thumb

Reaction score
Hello All! Thank you for welcoming me into the world of gardeners! I used to be able to raise a big garden, have all kinds of flowering plants, and keep my thumb green. But I seem to be having more trouble now that we have moved to a different part of the state where the soil is more clay than sand, where the trees block most of my sun, and where the sun does shine, it is on the south side of the house where things get way too hot! I will be researching your forums for suggestions for perennials in the shade and direct hot sun and also for ideas on boxed gardens. Thank you again!

Reaction score
It's always a challenge when you move to a different climate. I've moved from the far west to the east of Canada, and am learning to deal with the humidity and the multitudes of earwigs eating plants. Not to mention the ground hog that has suddenly taken up residence under our deck! It helps if you think of it as an adventure :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard! :) I now have the Trogdor song going around my head... :D

Reaction score
I agree that moving to a new place brings challenges of its own. I moved from a warm climate to a cooler one and most of the plant I grew there wouldn't grow in my current city. However, once I looked around everybody's garden I knew the kind of plants which will grow well here and have got a whole house of plants now. Don't worry you will get around this in no time. This too will pass.

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll find everything you need here, and if you don't you can always ask. I've had problems with climate this year, not because I've moved, but because it seems to be changing all the time. We've just had our wettest winter for many years and also the driest summer (go figure). Yay for climate change, I think not!

Ask a Question