Newly Germinated Seeds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Some wild bunnies and squirrels knocked over some of the plants that I transferred last weekend. I was furious and went to get my cayenne peppers to spray around the containers. I threw away the 3 cups that the knocked over. At the top, they soil look over; however, the bottom of the container was a different story. These guys in the picture took over the bottom of the cup.

Also, I noticed that the soil was pretty soggy since I kept the cup in a container of water. I wondered if that is too much water too.

image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Some wild bunnies and squirrels knocked over some of the plants that I transferred last weekend. I was furious and went to get my cayenne peppers to spray around the containers. I threw away the 3 cups that the knocked over. At the top, they soil look over; however, the bottom of the container was a different story. These guys in the picture took over the bottom of the cup.

Also, I noticed that the soil was pretty soggy since I kept the cup in a container of water. I wondered if that is too much water too.

View attachment 8918
Yep.way too much water. The bottom shou!d be damp not wet. Those are vine weevi! !arvae and grub worm !arvae on!y a !itt!e o!der than in the previous picture.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I think that is one if my problem. I cut a small hole at the bottom of the cups and place them in a container of water. I removed the water at the bottom and will water them daily instead.

I went to the natural store today, and and this is the molasses that they have. I also receive the insect spray today.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think that is one if my problem. I cut a small hole at the bottom of the cups and place them in a container of water. I removed the water at the bottom and will water them daily instead.

I went to the natural store today, and and this is the molasses that they have. I also receive the insect spray today.View attachment 8922

View attachment 8923
That is what you want. You on!y water when the p!ant needs it and that is in the morning when/if the p!ant is droopy and/or wi!ted

Ask a Question