Newborn cucumber

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I found a website that sells all sorts of parts for canners. It's a factory Presto part used on some models of their canners. The trick was searching through the different models to find one with the adjustable weight. If you know the model number you can go straight to it.

Can't recall the site but it was easy to find by looking for "canner parts"

Per the gauge pressures are as advertised, 5 10 15

Note, I can't say if this works on other brands.
I have had my Presto for at least 15 years and have no idea of the Model #. I looked on their website and saw numerous models that look like mine. I wonder if that adjustable weight will fit all old canners.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It might, from what I saw, the basic design hasn't changed in a long time.

Besides, you have the gauge to monitor pressure.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It might, from what I saw, the basic design hasn't changed in a long time.

Besides, you have the gauge to monitor pressure.
Yeah, but you have to keep monitoring it and keep changing the heat on the cookstove to maintain correct pressure. Most stuff is canned at 10 lbs and if you don't keep monitoring you can get to 15 lbs quickly and turn your produce into something not quite what you intended.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This is where the adjustable weight comes in handy. The gauge is just for verification.

The one I have was the fixed 15 pound release and a gauge. Just a smaller version of yours. I changed the weight to the adjustable style and verified the pressures were correct. It now functions like your Mirro, a little fiddling to get it up to pressure but pretty much set and forget after that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This is where the adjustable weight comes in handy. The gauge is just for verification.

The one I have was the fixed 15 pound release and a gauge. Just a smaller version of yours. I changed the weight to the adjustable style and verified the pressures were correct. It now functions like your Mirro, a little fiddling to get it up to pressure but pretty much set and forget after that.
How old is yours. I would presume that the vent is the size no matter how many quarts it is.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Gauge one about 3 years the other maybe 10. On these 2 the little stem is the same

I can fit 6 quart jars in each, 7 is crowded.

Come to think of it, I have my grandmother's pressure cooker, probably 50s vintage. I should look at that too. Not that I'd use it, too small but it might have the same stem.

Ask a Question