New homeowner new to the forums.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a 0-5 degrees Celcius.
Country
United States
Hi all, I'm a new homeowner and I have a lot of plans for my new house/garden, I am pretty much a novice so looking to learn a lot here and hopefully get some valuable advice.

Thanks

Martin

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome Martin! Would you please tell us on your sidebar where you are, and the growing zone if possible? The USA is big, and the advice I can give for Texas gardens and plants just doesn't apply for Maine:)!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
I advise you keep it simple to start with, think about where you want seating areas decking or terraces, do these things first and add the plants after. It's always best to do hard landscaping first as this is the backbone of your garden and will dictate to a certain extent where you plant specimen trees shrubs and other plants.Hope this gives a little help.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you can work out your aspect. Which bit of the garden is sunniest, shady, driest and take some photos..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums. Its nice to find people from New England, I'm in Western Ma. near the Big E :LOL:

Ask a Question