New From Las Vegas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the forum, and somewhat new to gardening. I have a few indoor plants, all in pots, but I'm looking to get a small planter soon to go on my apartment patio to get a proper garden going.

I got started with an arrowhead vine a friend of mine gave me. I also have a small cactus, a spider plant, Christmas cactus (that isn't doing so well), a small dracaena marginata, and I recently acquired a shishito pepper, garlic chives, and Italian sweet basil.

I live in Las Vegas in a rather small apartment, so I'm interested in any sorts of tips for growing in this kind of hot, dry environment. I have been reading the forum a bit and so far it seems like there's a lot of helpful info around, so I hope to be able to get some knowledge to get a little patio garden up and running.

Thanks all!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
er334%2B%252810%2529.gif

If you have any queries or trouble,

er334%2B%25283%2529.gif

please feel free to share(do upload images of plants you are growing), we will be happy to help you out.

Happy gardening!
er334%2B%25281%2529.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi. :)

I don't have much experience growing in your type of climate. But I'm thinking mulch to conserve moisture in containers, and maybe avoiding full sun exposure, depending on the plants?

Ask a Question