New Fiddle Leaf Fig in ME

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone!
I’m an amateur plane lover living in Maine. I recently moved into a house that had a small sunroom—so I decided to purchase a fiddle leaf fig!
I’ve done a lot of research—but I’m looking for some advice from experienced gardeners/plant owners. I don’t want to kill this plant!
A couple things that I’m worried about…
1. The sunroom is not well insulated. The temp is about 56 f in the morning.
2. The tree is close to a basement door—which is getting opened frequently, as we are still moving into this house.
3. I purchased the plant right before a snow storm—so it’s not getting much light right now.

This far, the plant has not reacted much to the change—a little leaf droop, that’s all. It’s been one day.

Any general advice? I’m open to comments/questions/concerns! I want to make sure I don’t kill this plant!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
As long as the temp stays above 32 it will be fine. You may lose some older leaves, but it will grow new ones.
How much light does it get and from what direction? The more it gets the easier they are to grow. They don’t like to get real dry, like to the bottom, but they hate constant sogginess just as much.

Ask a Question