Need suggestions for plant in our hall

Reaction score
I have seen some wonderfully gorgeous hanging plants in small windowsills like that. The vines of the plant droop over the sides of the container and hang down beautifully. You can add more in decorative pots on the sill itself. Ivy geraniums grow pretty thick and add such beautiful color!

Reaction score
You're right cmdr-apollo, I've seen some gorgeous hanging plants, and have a few myself. This image is not one of mine, I wish it were, but this is an absolutely phenomenal looking hanging plant.

5124606067_22e6bc1093_z.jpg

Darn near takes your breath away, does it not?

Reaction score
You're right cmdr-apollo, I've seen some gorgeous hanging plants, and have a few myself. This image is not one of mine, I wish it were, but this is an absolutely phenomenal looking hanging plant.

5124606067_22e6bc1093_z.jpg

Darn near takes your breath away, does it not?

That succulent is crazy beautiful. Succulents come in so many gorgeous geometric configurations. They're like modern art in plant form.

Reaction score
A Chinese evergreen is a wonderful, beautiful plant. I love Chinese evergreen plants. Not much you could do that can kill it. Please excuse my son's belly in the picture he loves sitting by the plant.Chinese evergreen are hearty and not expensive, and can stand up well to children and pets.

Attachments

• 1403388894911.jpg
    1403388894911.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 504
Reaction score
I have found that Mother-in-Law Tongue and Peace Lillies do very good in low light areas. Sometimes it is a matter of trial and error when growing in low light areas. Orchids also do will in low light and give you such gorgeous flowers. They can be a little temperamental, and they need to receive enough water and some occasionl light fertilizer. A woman I took care of years ago had beautiful orchids in her living room that she kept fairly dark with heavy drapes. I had a Mother-in-Law Tongue at one time that was actually over 5ft tall!

Reaction score
I'd say that smaller tree plants would be best in the hallway. I have a couple in mine. The thing is, having too big of a plant can really take up a lot of space. But having too small of a plant doesn't really make it feel special or anything.

Ask a Question