Need help identifying these

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hello, friends. We have all kinds of stuff growing in our yard, and I'm slowly figuring out what's what, but I still have several that I'm trying to figure out. Perhaps you can help me with these. My thought is perhaps Allium, but I honestly have no idea. The fir st shot is a close-up of the top of it. The second shot is panned out so you can see them all growing together. They are probably about a meter high, give or take a bit.

20220604_170432.jpg

20220604_170651.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
You are gonna need a cast iron pan and some olive oil I think. I like the toasted fragrance before I cook the rest of the dish, be it chicken, beef or what have you. Have you dug one up yet? I like them fresh better than dried. They peel easier fresh too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You are gonna need a cast iron pan and some olive oil I think. I like the toasted fragrance before I cook the rest of the dish, be it chicken, beef or what have you. Have you dug one up yet? I like them fresh better than dried. They peel easier fresh too.

But that doesn't tell me what it is; only that you'd eat it. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
But that doesn't tell me what it is; only that you'd eat it. :)
I know. You will smak your head when you find out what kind of very popular herb you have in your herb garden. Somebody must have been quite the cook prior! They mince it, powder it, sell it in dried cloves. Its a classic!

Ask a Question