Need fertilizer suggestions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi all I'm needing some information I'm wanting to grow some neem trees and eucalyptus trees and I'll I need some suggestions on how to fertilize for trees
With organic fertilizers it is usual to apply 1lb for every 1" of the diameter of the tree trunk out to the drip line. The only thing you will hurt if you use too much is your bank account. I don't know about chemical fertilizer as I never use them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok thank you very much more here's another question that I have if anyone knows the answer to this question for using mineral and water suitable fertilizer would anyone have an answer for that one cause I'm wanting to grow certain trees for holistic medicine do I'm wanting to stay away from manures or anything else that could cause ecolier or any other kind of disease

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ok thank you very much more here's another question that I have if anyone knows the answer to this question for using mineral and water suitable fertilizer would anyone have an answer for that one cause I'm wanting to grow certain trees for holistic medicine do I'm wanting to stay away from manures or anything else that could cause ecolier or any other kind of disease
You don't have to worry about E-coli on trees. E-coli from manure comes from grain fed animals and is only found on leaves which has been splashed upon by irrigation or rain. Trees are not affected. Water soluble fertilizers or OK for small plants but for trees you would have to own a bunch of banks. It takes too much too often for trees to benefit or be economically feasible.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
We bu
Blood meal is 12-0-0 but it is fast release. Bone meal is 3.5-17-0 and is slow release. Dried ground fish 5-5-6 and slow release. If all three were mixed together it would be great but it would cost a fortune. I don't know about the trace minerals in them, no data.
I buy fish, blood & bone (the blood and bone is from fish processing too) at 80p ($1) per kilo. It's NPK is 4.5/3.5/2.5.
I add some, along with woodash and seaweed (both good for K & trace elements) and a little composted pelleted chicken manure (good for Ca) at planting, and feed with seaweed extract, compost tea and comfrey tea when at fruiting stage.

Ask a Question