Need advice on planting & design

Reaction score
Hello all, need help with planting ideas for location Alberta Canada, frozen for 5-6 months a year.​
Want to plant around a pond waterfall & edge. Also have an area on a slope that I want to plant trees etc.​
I will post some pics,​
Thanks for the help​
Wayne​

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would check your local co-ops or your local garden center .You could also see a pretty plant your neighbor may grow and make a comment and maybe they will share some cuttings from it with nice healthy roots .

Reaction score
I think you should ask your neighbors for some tips. Also you can go online searching for plants that resist in that climate. Good luck!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

The photos were never posted, but all the same, some general advice can be given.

Start with observation, visit local natural areas, ones with ponds and cliffs, also visit local public gardens, and private ones too, if possible. Note which plants are growing well, and also note where and how they are growing. In a cold climate you may wish to put some plants out as colorful and intriguing annual plantings each Spring. Still, all the same, it is good to have a reliable backbone of hardy natives that will flourish and return year-after year, supplying long-term aesthetic delight and ecological benefit.

Ask a Question