My News

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We discovered we have a fig tree. Neat. Some of the prior owners shrub plantings don't look to happy. I am going to just wait and see., what survives. I am keeping with the notion , less is more. If I have to pull the dead and not replace so be it. Time will tell. And it is zone 8 which is 2 zones higher than I am used to. Out back are lots of Cyrus trees and the "knees" . Some tall grasses as you can see on the edge, just starting to green up. Saw some interesting birds, and even a bald eagle. Fish jumping in the water, sitting from the dock, and the sun set nice. Still more stuff to put in place before we can Airbnb it. Getting a professional photo guy to take shots when ready.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Been home for a bit. Leaving tomorrow. taking gardening tools with. have some pruning to do etc. The hard part is there is no where to put the materials. can't burn there. so we somehow have to be inventive. Called the landscaper, he says they take it to the dump. Crazy.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gardening is my main hobby right now and I started growing cherry tomatoes too. Grow bags vs pots is going to be your personal choice. Grow bags provide better root growth but don't hold as well as say plastic resin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Gardening is my main hobby right now and I started growing cherry tomatoes too. Grow bags vs pots is going to be your personal choice. Grow bags provide better root growth but don't hold as well as say plastic resin.
Trying to figure out your statement, and how it relates to my thread.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Sitting on the deck the other day at our new place in New Bern. Neat shot, I think.
Wine-New Bern..jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We are back home now, in our North home. House is totally furnished and ready for short term rentals. Met with the property manager on Monday, a professional photographer took lots of shots as well as used a drone for shots. Will proceed to get house on line soon. A long drive down, hope not for a few months. Have enough supplies there for a bit. Tired. So glad to be home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Down here again in New Bern, North Carolina at our other house. Doing some house stuff, staining deck, chopping dumb small trees out, planting more color. At my deck noticed across the waterway an Osprey nest . Got my zoom camera, and caught a pretty good shot of it.
IMG_7913.JPG
IMG_7931.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
So far so good. Have had 4 guest groups stay at our house through AIRBNB. All great, 5 stars given to us. Good job my Property Manager and Cleaners also. Two more groups scheduled. Minimum 6 people.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We have a nice person staying at our home. He is taking advantage of the "off season" rate. Story is that he has a contract job at the local military base. His reviews were awesome. He's by himself. Its nice to have someone there for 4 months. Somehow the safety of a guy there is an extra bonus on top of the daily rate. My good neighbors are watching out anyway. And our property manager is former Marine., so I think the respect will go big with the guy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We were down this past week at our Airbnb in New Bern, NC sorting about more things, adding more things. Redid some bedrooms with new coverings etc. More pillows for the couch, more color. New rug for the kitchen floor. Re organized the pantry,. Started and send a long instructional letter to the Property Manager and Cleaner so all are on the same page. Someone brought in a caste iron skillet and put it through the dishwasher---horrid, I took it out, and will work on re-seasoning it. I am careful of cooking pots as the stove is one of those flat tops, don't trust folks to gently put down a heavy pot on it. Left more gift bags for guests, more cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, did inventory of towels, sheets etc.

Husband put some solar lights on the pilings on the deck and walk way to the river, looks so pretty at night.

The hydragea shurb we put in the deer hurt the thing badly, dug it out and brought it up North, is a Lime Light, fingers crossed it not to far gone. Poor thing. This deer are nuts there. No one wants to cull them.
Anyway---we went all high tech, this trip, have the front door lock and code, furance/ air conditioner, and 3 cameras, and a alarm system all on line to my cell phone. We met with the landscaper, he really does a good job.

We had a new photographer come by for updated pics for the site. We wait to see the upload.
Getting home I had some type of extra energy then I crashed, had to sleep a long time the other night.

Looks like for the balance of this month and September we are booked till first weekend in October. Good for us.

Now home for 10 days, and leaving for our trip West to MI . Never a dull momemt for this retired person.

Ask a Question