My beautiful rose

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I want to show you something beautiful:

DSC_0219259506269.jpg

I received this rose from my boyfriend a few days ago. Isn't it lovely? In my opinion it's perfect, it's one of the prettiest roses I've ever seen:) I plan to root it and plant in my garden!:)

DSC_0216-2074169564.jpg

I took these pictures with my smartphone, this is why they're so blurry. In reality, the color of my rose is more intense.

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey, will you get another one tomorrow? :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, I have no idea, I hope so:love:. The more roses, the better! My boyfriend likes to spoil me and I love being spoiled, so we're perfect for each other:p:D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Do you celebrate St. Valentine's Day in Poland? :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yes:love: It's a very popular holiday here. Everywhere, you see heart-shaped things, teddy bears and men carrying flower bouquets and chocolates. It's kind of tacky, but I like it:D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Claudine, hope your Valentine's Day was as beautiful as your Rose.

You plane to root the stem you received, are you going to use 1/2 a potatoe to help start the rooting process?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you! I hope that your Valentine's Day is wonderful too!:)
I go on a date in the evening and I already know that my boyfriend bought me more flowers:D:D
I didn't know that a potatoe helps start the rooting process. Thank you for the information, I'll definitely give it a try! Should I just put a raw potato in the water?

Reaction score
Your rose is truly gorgeous Claudine and think it would be a great idea to try and and get it to root - especially as its such a stunner :love: even though store bought roses aren't known to be very good at rooting - I do know that sometimes it does work - particularly if the stem is placed in the garden - in fact if yours is a long stemmed rose - which I think it is - you may well be able to get two cuttings from the one stem - as the cutting only needs to be approx 6 inches long and of course now is a good time of year to get it to root :D

However - if it doesn't work and you do wish to grow the very same rose - I think you will find its called " Mr Lincoln "
Am sure that you will - but hope you have a very special and very happy day :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yes, it's a long stemmed rose:) I'll definitely try to get two cuttings from it.
Thank you so much Gata Montes for all the information and kind words!:D My Valentine's Day was very special, I hope yours was too:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Zigs, it's such a lovely card!:D I love Valentine's cards:love: I received a bouquet of lovely tulips, it was a complete surprise, because, as you know, I was expecting another rose. I'll post pictures of it tomorrow:D

Reaction score
I want to show you something beautiful:

View attachment 2065

I received this rose from my boyfriend a few days ago. Isn't it lovely? In my opinion it's perfect, it's one of the prettiest roses I've ever seen:) I plan to root it and plant in my garden!:)

View attachment 2066

I took these pictures with my smartphone, this is why they're so blurry. In reality, the color of my rose is more intense.

Wow, that is a perfect rose. I like that it has more petals and looks fancier than the average rose you see in a store. I hope you have luck getting it to take root.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Zigs - it's such a lovely idea, this breakfast looks delicious:D:D
ACSAPA - thank you! I really, really want to root it:) So far, I haven't had much luck with rooting stems, but maybe this one will be an exception:)

Reaction score
claudine - You are welcome and am really pleased to hear that you had a lovely day - and extra flowers too :) am also glad that it sounds as though you can get two cuttings from the one stem - I hope it works - especially as I shall now be looking forward to seeing pictures of the beautiful rose bushes that you've grown from your cuttings - forgot to say - but don't forget to remove every single leaf from the cuttings before putting them in the ground - as they stand a much better chance of rooting if you do that :)

zigs - thrilled to hear you had a good day too and think your gift of a virtual breakfast was a wonderful idea - especially as it looks - so tantalizingly good :)

Ask a Question