My 1st post - small garden, blank canvas...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought of something. Google "privet hedge." This may be exactly what you are looking for.

I just looked into that, following your advice, looks good. I like that and something called box too.

Not a fan of trellis folks, sorry!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I know you said you weren't a fan of a trellis but if you placed one on the back brick wall, you could give the illusion of a bigger garden. Here are some examples I found.

trellis idea (4).jpg
trellis idea (3).jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think your idea is great, but what do you plan to plant in the middle area? That looks like a lot space just to let plain :) I think a couple flowers here and there would do the trick.... maybe a pond?

haha, this is what always gets me into trouble with home and garden projects. I start out just wanting to tiddy something up, then next thing you know I am at Home Depot buying a pond.

But I would at least look at lining the trees (whichever you decide on) with some type of low-light decorative plants, otherwise the area right under the trees will look a little brown. But that all depends on where you live, maybe the grass will get enough light to grow right up to the small trees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
the lawn can be seeded with two types of grass seed. One for shade near the shaded areas and one for more sun in the open areas. We have lots of trees and have to use only grass seed for shade.

Ask a Question