Our 1st Snow of 2014

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Arrived tonight at 5pm and it's coming down heavy.

Reaction score
Where do you live that you are just now getting your first snowfall? I am in the northeastern US and we have been getting ridiculous amounts of snow since December. Its even worse in the Midwest and Western US, they are getting buried. Temps are going to heat up some next week, more snow this afternoon though. Spring seems like it is going to take forever to get here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I am in Scotland Firelilly.

Last night it really was a white blizzard and the garden did look magical sadly no photos this morning as temp changed through the night not much snow left .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad it didn't last for long Kath! We've not had any snow this year, only a bit of hail. Hardly any frosty mornings either! I keep thinking we're due for a cold snap any time soon but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Reaction score
I live in North Alabama and every winter we pray for a bit of snow,,, even if it is just a dusting! We just do not see snow at all on a regular basis. Right now it is the middle of August and temps are brushing 100 degrees.

Reaction score
Woah, that was fast! Sorry to hear your summer is over, I think over here is about to happen the same.. After 1 month. I guess winter is arriving earlier in most places.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
No you have read this wrong Trellum no snow yet the snow in Feb was still our winter and we only had a night of snow.

But who knows what we shall get on our coming winter

But don't mind when we get as a good a summer as we have just had.

Ask a Question