Morning glories anyone?

Reaction score
I love morning glories and the two photos here are so gorgeous. I have grown a number of different color of morning glories over the years and they are all pretty. Have any of you grown moon flowers? They are a relative of the morning glory, but they bloom at night. They get a huge white bloom that seems to glow in the dark.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can remember morning glories being in my yard when I was little. My mom was more into growing food than flowers but we did have the morning glories. They are really beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing your pictures and your thoughts.

Reaction score
You're welcome, Pat. I'm glad this thread reminded you of your mom and her morning glories :) We've always had morning glories back at my parents house, sadly this year we go none!!!! But that was caused by my dad on purpose :( Apparently he doesn't want to take care of more plants.

Reaction score
I love morning glories and the two photos here are so gorgeous. I have grown a number of different color of morning glories over the years and they are all pretty. Have any of you grown moon flowers? They are a relative of the morning glory, but they bloom at night. They get a huge white bloom that seems to glow in the dark.

Thank you very much for the compliment, you are very kind! I know the colors are bit off tho, isn't a true and rich purple like in the real life, mostly caused by the sunshine and the camera, but it's ok :) As for moon flowers, I have heard about them and would love to try planting them. They are so beautiful! Ever heard about the 4 o'clocks, @evelynmcgregor ?

Reaction score
Your purple morning glories are spectacular. I tried growing some from seeds and they lived long enough to bloom and then died.
I don't have a green thumb when it comes to flowers, so I admire people who do. I do better with tropical plants.

Reaction score
Thank you, you are so sweet :):cry: Oh, I don't have such a green thumb, morning glories always pop out in that very same spot every year. I have no idea how everything started. I think my dad found a small plant and brought it home.

Ask a Question