Mineral Water Bottles For Hanging Plants

Reaction score
My mother had recently cut open the sides of several water bottles (2 liter), filled them with garden soil and planted some hanging plants in them. She hung them horizontally one on top of each other with at least 1 foot between bottles. They look so nice! She plans to do this for all the 2 liter bottles she will have until she fills the wall. From afar, the water bottles aren't even noticed because the hanging pants are covering the bottle directly under them. She says she feels good for being able to reuse the bottles. What do you think of her idea?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
In my opinion it's a very nice idea! I must think about making something like this too, because I'm running out of space on my windowsill and the truth is that nothing can stop me from buying new plants:p

Reaction score
Could you add pics?I have also grown some plants by cutting 1.5 liter water bottle.

Reaction score
That is such a cool idea! I'm actually going to pass this idea on to my own mother, because she wants a garden so bad, but in order to start one in her backyard, it would take forever to start it up since everything is kind of a mess and overwhelming right now. This would be a cool way for her to garden in her own home, or on the porch!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I don't have any hanging plants but I often use cut off bottles to root cuttings. It saves me a lot of money, but aside from the cost I love the fact that I can actually see when the roots start to grow. If the cutting is small enough sometimes I use the top half of the bottle to cover it so that the environment is humid and the leaves don't dry out before roots develop.

Ask a Question