(Middle) Finger chili questions

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey folks!

This summer I grew thai chilis from rare seeds, produced a ton and great taste and heat. But they were so small they were a pain in the but to pick, and don't seem to hold too much heat after 6 months hanging... making Arista out of these was slow and stupid, I bought a drier.

I also grew beuna maluta peppers if I spelled that right, good but low heat, like a cyanne which I'm sure I also mispelled, lol.

Anyway, looking really for finger chili varieties... good traditional Indian chilis, herloom would be nice. I heard of jawala, is this what I am looking for? What is similar? What do you recommend? Finger chilis doesn't turn up much on Google except jawalawalabingbang

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm not trying to butt into your business as I can understand what you mean but you could have simply put your zone # as others do or you could have put US or not put anything at all. That is how you get more accurate responses for your zone. Some people wouldn't have even responded because of not knowing anything about the area of Anguilla.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
According to this, the Jwala is the most popular pepper in India and is open pollinated so you could save seed from it. As far as being hot enough for you I don't know. Jalepeno and cayenne is hot enough for me.

Try searching for "indian finger pepper". Here is an interesting article.

Try growing several varieties to see which you like and then next year grow only one for seed.

Ask a Question