Leaves with yellow in the middle

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
I have a lemon tree. Scatter throughout the tree, I see spots where leaves have yellow spot in the middle but it's still green on the outside. I have drip system that waters 3 times a week.

What caused the yellow spot on the leaves and how do I fix it please? Attached is what it looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_6078.JPG
    IMG_6078.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a lemon tree. Scatter throughout the tree, I see spots where leaves have yellow spot in the middle but it's still green on the outside. I have drip system that waters 3 times a week.

What caused the yellow spot on the leaves and how do I fix it please? Attached is what it looks like.
Looks a lot like N deficiency. Also, watering 3 times a week is too often. Water deeply and thourghly when the top couple of inches are DRY. Watering three times a week leads to nutrient leaching. Water when the plant needs it, not when you think it is thirsty. Fertilize.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
Yeah, my soil's N is depleted. I plan to apply N. When should I apply N please? My lemon tree is fruiting now. As a general rule of thumb, I heard we should apply N only after a fruit tree is done fruiting right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yeah, my soil's N is depleted. I plan to apply N. When should I apply N please? My lemon tree is fruiting now. As a general rule of thumb, I heard we should apply N only after a fruit tree is done fruiting right?
You should apply fertilizer every 3 or 4 months whether it is fruiting or not. I don't know where you heard this but I would guess from a synthetic fertilizer user. Please use organics if you don't already. You can't make a mistake with it like you can with synthetics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
I only use organics. Below is my plan going forward. My goal is to maximize fruit production of my fruit trees (guava, pear, lemon and longan). Please let me know if you see anything I need to do to make it better.

Prune all fruit trees in December. Fertilize in Jan, May and September. Add compost in May

And I plan to use Down To Earth Citrus Mix 6-3-3 fertilizer for all my fruit trees

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I only use organics. Below is my plan going forward. My goal is to maximize fruit production of my fruit trees (guava, pear, lemon and longan). Please let me know if you see anything I need to do to make it better.

Prune all fruit trees in December. Fertilize in Jan, May and September. Add compost in May

And I plan to use Down To Earth Citrus Mix 6-3-3 fertilizer for all my fruit trees
Looks good to me

Reaction score
Country
Greece
As I wrote in another threat, you should give them fertilizer, provided by a horse or a dog. You can provide the shit of other animals, too. But it should first be stored on a compost, if it´s from pigs, rabbits or cows…. Look on the other threat, please.

Ask a Question