Tomato leaves yellowing on lower and middle plant

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Both of my tomato plants are at day 71 in 7 gallon pots, they are san marzano grown in Promix Hp soil and been watering it with straight distilled water and Cal-Mag supplement. 4 days ago i added gaia green organic nutrients to them 75% all purpose and 25% bloom and added just under recommended amount to let them adjust to them. My one is foot and half and other is just tad bit over 2 feet. I started noticing yellowing in middle of plant and bottom but the new growth is perfectly green and healthy. They have been outside for past week, weather has been beautiful with temperature this week being 23-28 degrees C. I have been cutting suckers off plant carefully with sterilized tiny scissors. I admit i have been letting my watering stay little dry for 2 days then i give them water so wondering if the soil getting too dry. Or is plants getting too much heat or sun? No clue what to do from here. The rare leaf has a white tip on them which i assume is burn.
the leaves are starting to fold side ways as well with slight bit of crisp.

Attachments

• 146E5D77-AC9B-4EB1-ABC3-9579A4FCAEC7.jpeg
    146E5D77-AC9B-4EB1-ABC3-9579A4FCAEC7.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 67
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Other than what I’m currently seeing, the plants are growing rapidly and the 1 sucker i left on both plants are growing fast thick and healthy. They out grew my stake really fast and really trying to push tomatoes but I’m not ready for them right now so i clip them off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 59
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
Is there any indication of roots protruding at the drainage holes as if they are beginning to be root bound?

It also may be time to check for Spider Mites.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Good handful of epsom salts in your can next time you water.
You have a nutrient deficiency which is making your leaves chlorotic in the middle of your plant.
As it is growing quickly, I don't think it's a nitrogen deficiency, but in any case the Epsom Salts will help with nutrient uptake.
They should not be root-bound in that size pot.
Feed with liquid high potash feed, like seaweed/comfrey extract at each watering to boost flavour & ripening.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks for your replies. Sorry I’m late and haven’t been on here for awhile. The tomatoes were fixed, all i had to do was feed them a little. They are currently in the garden now and are doing extremely well. I will take pictures when I’m back home. Thanks

Ask a Question