Meyer lemon monster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bought this 3 months ago, was pretty small. Growing fast , almost 5' across and taller also.wondering if I should snip 10" or so off the width or height or leave it be.
It had 1 lemon when we got it still does. The Vegas sun turned the top of it yellow. Also it flowered couple months ago but the sun killed the tiny lemons. I'm going to build something and shield it with shade fabric soon.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The monster

Attachments

• IMG_20190806_072024.jpg
    IMG_20190806_072024.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 139
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The monster
The sun isn't why a few leaves are turning yellow. It's improper watering. Also if you don't now you soon will need to put it into a larger container. Also, I cannot see the base of the tree to see if it was planted too deep by the grower. Most times it is. As far as trimming goes you will make the plant into a compact bush. You must determine what size plant you want to end up with because once you trim that limb it will not grow any more in length. A young lemon will abort most of its fruit. Even when the tree is mature it will still abort most of its fruit because it naturally sets more fruit than it can sustain.

Reaction score
Country
United States
No offense but I didn't mention the leave's, they're dark green except the newer ones (light green) that will be. You can see in the pic the 1 lemon is yellow on top green on the bottom. We have a 5 year old Meyer in the ground, same thing. The brutal sun makes the lemons yellow on the top but they survive. I'm going to put shade fabric over both of these, maybe 30% Lowes sells. The potted one's pot is 16" across the top, was hoping it will be big enough, the little cart already sags from the weight.

Ask a Question