Looking for a flowering vine to plant around porch?

Reaction score
Do you want annual or perennial plants? Morning Glories will do fine where you live. They are hardy, grow like crazy, aren't fussy, and reseed like a weed!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will join the group that say Morning Glories will be a good choice for you.

Reaction score
You can't grow or go wrong with Morning Glories, they are a very willing and unfussy plant, perfect for porch rails and vertical structures. I have grown them for years and they are one of the most trouble free plants that I have ever grown.

Reaction score
Jackson vine grows very well in the south. It is a perinial and has lovely flowers. On my backporch I have confederate jasmine which blooms in the spring and autimn clemantis which blooms late in the summer. The jasmine has a lovely scent in the spring and when the autumn clematis blooms in the fall it looks like a white drift of snow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hops may not be quite the flowering plant but they do have catkins that smell nice. The female is the one to plant and it grows vigorously from early summer till late fall when it dies back, in which case you can cut it back right to grown level. So you have shade for summer and sun on your porch for winter. Hops I believe can grow in Mississippi but I'm unsure of your growing season.

4482025750_968dc9795a_o.jpg
I've never seen hops in real life. This picture looks so beautiful! It makes me want to plant vines everywhere in my garden and create a green roof like this. I have a soft spot for all kinds of climbing plants:love:

Ask a Question