Lemon tree now with pictures.

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
Hi!

So this is my third post concerning Lemon tree, it is still trying to grow as you can see in pictures, but it seems that same thing is going to happen to new leaves since tips of leaves are already turning grayish green although you can't really see that in pictures. I don't have a picture of amber ball thing that I found last time because i crushed it and i haven't found another. Also my grandmother said that it's possible that flies are causing it.
Hopefully pictures are going to shed a light on what excatly is wrong.
Pictures: http://imgur.com/gallery/Q8iMg (there is pretty good shot of fly there)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If that room is where the tree lives it is not getting near enough sunlight. Citrus needs a minimum of 8 hours of direct sunlight just to stay viable and where it is now I would guess it gets less than 3.

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't think there would be 8 hours of sunlight if my room was all glass.
And about grow lights can I just replace my regular light bulb with this http://www.hydroponics.eu/cfl-grow-light-s-297.html?gclid=CKGG3u2SydECFVaJsgodEJwLCg?
You are in the wrong climate to grow citrus. If by some chance you did manage to keep the tree alive with grow lights a lemon tree/bush will grow into a size where it would take many grow lights to maintain its health and become very expensive to do so.

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
You are in the wrong climate to grow citrus. If by some chance you did manage to keep the tree alive with grow lights a lemon tree/bush will grow into a size where it would take many grow lights to maintain its health and become very expensive to do so.
And all I wanted was lemons that hadn't traveled around half the world. ^^
Well thanks anyway, I will see if it manages till summer and what happens if it does, if nothing, well I will have allot of spring onions or if me luky me haz potato. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Do you put the tree outside in the summer? I wonder if a greenhouse (just a small one) would be the answer for you in the winter?

It definitely looks like the tree is hungry, i.e. needs much more sunlight.

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
Do you put the tree outside in the summer? I wonder if a greenhouse (just a small one) would be the answer for you in the winter?

It definitely looks like the tree is hungry, i.e. needs much more sunlight.
I don't think small greenhouse is going to withhold -20c weather even if I put heather in there.
Also Latvian winters aren't exactly very sunny.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And all I wanted was lemons that hadn't traveled around half the world. ^^
Well thanks anyway, I will see if it manages till summer and what happens if it does, if nothing, well I will have allot of spring onions or if me luky me haz potato. :D
I know what you mean. I live in South Texas and it is the wrong climate too. A hundred miles south of here they grow all kinds of citrus. I have grown a lot of citrus and you must live in the right place. I had hoped Global Warming would have helped but so far it isn't getting any warmer in the fall and winter.

Ask a Question